Thursday, March 12, 2015

FROM MUNDANE TO EXTRAORDINARY :-)


Listening to music while I'm on my way to work has become a ritual to me. There are times (many times, actually) when I feel God is speaking to me through the songs I'm listening to every day. Earlier today while I was again doing my "daily ritual" and pondering on what food to eat since I could hear my tummy gurgling and demanding for something to gobble, my phone played this song from my OPM playlist:


SUNDO
by Imago


Kay tagal kong sinusuyod

ang buong mundo
Para hanapin,
para hanapin ka 

-- Well, I consider this song as an OPM classic already and there's nothing really special about it for me. I mean, I've been listening to this Imago song since it was released 9 years ago! You know that feeling when you do something over and over and over again that you already mastered how it should be done and you can effortlessly do it even with eyes closed? This is supposed to be just another song being randomly played in my phone but then, something changed earlier. It felt like it was the first time I've ever heard of it. It's as if the melody is moving like how my heart was beating during that time: slow yet steady. It's as if the words were freshly composed just for me. And then, the realization dawned on me: this is exactly what He wants me to understand now!


Nilibot ang distrito ng iyong lumbay
Pupulutin, pupulutin ka

-- I think during that moment, the Lord wants me to remember and keep in mind this simple fact: He pursued me before, is still pursuing me now and will always pursue me whatever happens and whatever it takes because I am His child. His beloved daughter. His awesome warrior princess. :-) (yep, I really want to include the word 'awesome' there :-D ) How many times have I heard this message in our community's teachings? During the talks in CLPs? During big conferences and events? Sometimes, words not turned into actions remain blurred and obscured. And at that very mundane moment I realized that there is really something extraordinary moving within me. That these were not just mere words. 



Asahan mong mula ngayon 
pag-ibig ko'y sayo...
Asahan mong mula ngayon 
pag-ibig ko'y sayo...

-- It is like He is assuring me that His love never fails. That for Him to be able to work in my life, I need to entrust Him everything. Every. Single. Thing. Sometimes, I'm wondering if I could still have that one big shot when it comes to love. I keep asking Him, "When will my time come? Why am I the one left behind? Why is it still an "unanswered prayer" when You said, "ask and you shall receive?". Questions that are never ending. Questions that will linger in your mind. Questions that will sometimes crush your spirit. Then, you'll become vulnerable to negative emotions and begin to doubt the road that you are now taking. Uncertainty will creep in and fear of the unknown will now begin to destroy the belief that there is a grand plan designed for you. I know the feeling. I've come across it and barely survived it a couple of times. But then, His love has always been there to save me, to redeem me, to pursue me, and to do these things over and over again. Every single day, He is making me feel more loved than before through my family, through my friends, through those strangers who would offer me their seats on a fully-loaded bus, through my colleagues, my students and many more!



Sa akin mo isabit ang pangarap mo
'Di kukulangin ang ibibigay...


Isuko ang kaba 
Tuluyan kang bumitaw
Ika'y manalig 
Manalig ka...

-- Here is the Lord, reminding me again to just trust Him. Listening to these verses, I felt my face break into a smile while some tears escape from my eyes. It is indeed through faith that one can continue to push further despite the worries brought by the unknown. I can hear Him saying, "Just have faith in me. I know what you need, and I want to give you much more than what you are asking me now. That's how much I love you." I can almost taste His words, it was like the taste of cheese melted perfectly on grilled sandwich. I want to inscribe it in the corners of my heart so that every time it doesn't want to be attuned to Him anymore, it will be reminded of a promise that is and will always remain true. 



Handa na sa liwanag mo... 
Sinuyod ang buong mundo...
Maghihintay sayong sundo...

-- Once, a speaker in a conference asked us this question, "If the Lord asks you, "Do you love me?", what will be your response?" I pondered on this thought and I finally realized that I can't love the Lord the way He loves me. I'm a sinner, I'm impatient, I'm a certified people-pleaser, I'm inconsistent, I'm indecisive, I'm too proud at times. I've got loads of imperfections and a very dark side but why am I always being pursued by the Lord? I guess the reason is very simple. Like a potter to a clay, He molded me and called me His own masterpiece. Like a shepherd to a lost sheep, He would always search for me and find me. And like a father to a child, He only wants the best for me because that's how much He loves me. The security and the joy that His love brings is and will always be enough for me to get up from the fall, move and try again. :-)



Asahan mo...
Asahan mo...

Asahan mong mula ngayon pag-ibig ko'y sa'yo...
Asahan mo, ooh...

-- And as the song ends, I feel Him pulling me into a sweet, tight and warm embrace. The promise of a love that will not cease. And this is probably the only promise that is never going to be broken. <3 :-)



Check out the official music video of Sundo:

No comments:

Post a Comment