Tuesday, June 17, 2014

AFTER THE STORM.

Day 1.

I am discerning to be a mission volunteer for Singles for Christ somewhere in Central Luzon. I know, it's never going to be easy. As of this writing, I am still struggling with how I can explain to my parents my desire to serve the community full-time. I am still struggling to find the courage to let go of my worries and fears. I am still struggling to face the difficulties that this decision may entail. Full of worries. Full of doubts. Full of questions. Amidst the sea of confusion and questions marks, one thing remains the same: my desire to use my talents and skills to further bring glory to Your name... and to let other people experience the joy of having Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior into their lives.

My best friend told me that maybe I should find time to go soul-searching. I wanted to do that. Actually, I badly need it. I feel that I just need one weekend get-away in order to find myself again. To really examine my heart closely and to assure that I still have this goal. To really assure myself that I need to be fearless and this road that I am about to take...I need to empty my heart with all those hindrances, see what really lies there and allow the Spirit to fill it to the brim again.

It is no easy feat. The road will become tougher, rougher, harder. But I still keep on holding to my faith that beyond the cloud of uncertainties, His light will appear and I will feel the warmth of His embrace.




As I write this reflection, I am also listening to Leeland's Beautiful Lord. Here is the link to the video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=hs9NXNLCs-M





"Yes, I know what plans I have in mind for you, Yahweh declares, plans for peace, not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.When you call to me and come and pray to me, I shall listen to you.When you search for me, you will find me; when you search wholeheartedly for me, I shall let you find me..." ~ Jeremiah 29:11-13


No comments:

Post a Comment